Blog Post #2

I became using Microsoft Word as a child, but I did not begin to learn how to use it until middle school. We had a class teaching us to type and use Microsoft Office. I learned proper formatting, as well as how to properly write as a paper. I prefer to use Microsoft Word over Google Docs because I am able to navigate the software better than I do in Docs.

The most important ISTE Educator Standard would have to be the Collaborator. I believe that it is important to collaborate with your students, colleagues, as well as the parents to provide a better education for your students. By working with your students, you are able to change your teaching style to suit their needs. By working with your colleagues, you are able to share ideas and see which works for your classroom.

I agree to some extent with the "digital native". I believe children today are reliant on the technology, and it is affecting their behavior. My generation, I have found, is more tech savvy than my educators. I have seen students assist teachers with technology and help them repair and find shortcuts to operate their systems. With my future students, I want to limit technology. I believe that we learn better without the use of technology, and I would like to maximize the education of my students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #8

Blog Journal #9