Blog Journal #9

EME 2040 has definitely been a positive experience for me. Creating lesson plans and researching teacher methods has made me reconsider what I would like to do with my career as well as assist me in receiving an education minor. I really like the class activities. They allow you to be creative while still being professional. That being said, I do feel like the assignments can be a lot to grasp, I am finding difficulty trying to gain knowledge about a certain platform to complete the assignment. I also find the creation of lesson plans difficult. I wish we had a template of what a lesson plan looks like so I can get a grasp as to what I need to include for my students.

Open Educational Resources (OER) are resources available for teachers and students to use. They are usually covered under a license that allows free use of the resource. One of the blogs I found was an article describing how to teach students about climate change. They focused on the positive aspects of what assisting with climate change would do, instead of the negative so students would not fear the future, but instead look forward to it. https://community.oerproject.com/b/blog/posts/climate-optimism-a-key-to-confronting-climate-change

By doing Assignment 4, I learned a few skills. I used Chat GPT for the first time to get an outline for lesson plans. I also learned how to create my own layout in PowerPoint. I think what I would like to improve upon next time, is to do a more in-depth analysis of the storyline of Romeo and Juliet, and I would like to also like to include more in the history of Shakespeare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #8