Blog Post #8

While working on the Web Design Assignment, I learned how to create a website and personalize it. I also learned how to utilize Google Calendars as well as how to insert it into a website. I enjoyed being able to create a lesson plan that involved literature that is beneficial to students as well as literature that I am passionate about. I may want to incorporate these skills in the future by creating a website lesson plan for students and parents to keep track of assignments and announcements. My Website

I do not know much about AI. I do not use it in my day to day life. Seeing how AI is impacting the writing field as well as the film and education fields prevents me from using it. By relying on AI, it discourages students and adults do not use their imagination. By discouraging children to use their imagination, their brains will not fully develop and they expect every answer given to them. They may not learn how to be creative and provide their own ideas.

I avoid ChatGPT at all costs. I have not used it for a class, and simply rely on my own skills. I have friends that use it to proof-read their assignments as well as answer grammatical questions. I dislike the use because it prevents you from doing your own research and can make people more reliant on technology. I like using AI images for class because I enjoy seeing the pictures it produces. Otherwise, I would like to continue my separation from AI.

I think that AI does increase productivity because you are able to produce a lot product. Despite this, the quality of product decreases. Machines are unable to recreate the human experience so the product they create is very mechanical. We should still rely on humans to write and create media that people can still relate to. In the classroom, I would like to use AI as an activity, but I would like to encourage students to use their own imaginations rather than rely on technology.

Comments

  1. Your website demonstrates a clear passion for the teaching profession and provides valuable insights into the journey of becoming an educator. The layout is user-friendly, and the content effectively highlights key aspects of the teaching profession, from educational philosophies to practical classroom strategies. Consider incorporating more interactive elements or personal anecdotes to further engage your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elena, your blog was so wonderful and lovely to look at! It is clear that the thought and time you put into this assignment shows that you will be a great teacher in the future! I felt you really adhered to the design principles we learned in class, but also took your own creative spin on it! I liked the quote how it was front and center on your home page, it really inspires whoever is reading it and is a nice introduction to show who you are as a teacher. And I also like how you listed out different things you will read or watch throughout the year in your class, and provided lots of graphics and fun pictures to bring this all to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elena :) I really like the design of your website. I love the memes you used, it makes the website more welcoming and lighthearted which is what it should be. I also like the quote you included in the header of your home page. I can tell you put time into it this website and I can also tell that you'll be a fun teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Journal #9