Blog Post #4

Based on the ELA standards for a fourth grade class, students should be able to identify scientific diagrams as well as explain how these models apply to real-life situations. Students should be able to answer questions based on the information provided and should be able to create a model of the scientific situation and explain what the model does and does not include. I am prepared to implement this in my future classroom. Creating models and showing examples are good tools to help students learn as well as help grow their imagination. It helps create differentiation in the curriculum and gives them hands-on activities.

I selected fourth grade to compare the two standards. I selected English-Language Arts. Students are expected to read and comprehend texts that are of their grade level. I believe that it is important to help students comprehend complex topics and words. To assist, I would help provide answers to their questions, and I would like to provide vocab lists to help with words that they may not know. Reading comprehension activities are important to implement the actual content of the text while also making it fun for the students to learn.

Being a proficient internet searcher is important as a teacher because it helps you, your peers, and your students. I believe comparing curriculums between different states seeing what is required of them, and implementing those ideas in your own lesson plans is vital to see what works with students, and helps improve their education. I have never used Google Advanced Search before, so it was very helpful this week to work with it so it was less overwhelming to work with. It had always confused me before, but now I see that it is a useful tool not to avoid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #8

Blog Journal #9